I know many of you are new to the affiliate marketing industry so I want to make sure you take full advantage of everything available to help you create success. In this blog I am going to list some of the things that you can do to help prepare yourself for success and to avoid the pitfalls that some new affiliate marketers fall into. So without further waiting….. here are my tips:
1. Attend Industry Events – Attend trade shows such as ad:tech and Affiliate Summit. While you are there you can walk around and meet with affiliate managers from the networks, find new networks to work with, and chat with some of the most successful affiliates on the planet. These industry events are surely the best way to make the connections you need to help further your success in this industry Many of the most successful affiliates attend these events year after year to continue learning from each other. This is a great way to get “insider” tips from super affiliates without spending any money on other educational courses. These events always have “seminar sessions” where some of the top affiliates and marketers will share tips, techniques and information to help you jump start your success. I’ve been attending for years now, and so should you!
2. Pick a Vertical – Some of the most popular verticals are Credit, Dating, Diet, Auto, Education, Mobile, Coupons. Once you select your vertical stay true to it and continue to market offers within that vertical. The reason I think this is so important is because as a new affiliate it’s hard to learn everything at one time. It’s like building a house you need to do it step by step and in a methodical manor. Running out here and trying to dominate every vertical isn’t smart, especially if you haven’t even found success in anything to date. So my advice is to pick a vertical and stick to it. Learn it and master it. Once you create success in order to make your business grow, simply go into other verticals and learn them one by one.
3. Choosing Your Traffic Source – Again it’s very important to select one or two types of traffic and master driving traffic that way. It makes no sense to try to learn everything at one time. There are affiliates making money in every vertical with every combination of traffic source you can think of, trust me. So that means no matter what you choose you have the potential to be successful. I suggest you start with search and display advertising with a mix of social media. Once you’ve mastered this you can move into some of the more advanced “and risky” advertising like direct cpv and media buying. Following this pattern allows you to limit your “risk” and still obtain that reward you want, which is successful campaigns.
ALWAYS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FREE MONEY !!! (SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS)
HERE’S HOW TO WIN $50 THIS WEEK….
1. If you are not a member of my newsletter SIGN UP NOW (top right of page)
2. If you are not a member of my Live! Community JOIN NOW (just use the link at the top of the page)
3. Post a comment here TELL ME THE VERTICAL YOU ARE GOING TO FOCUS ON <— YOU MUST DO THIS !!
4. Tweet this post (click button right above) and Like this post on Facebook (again button is right above)
**NOTE – YOU MUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO WIN … you have to complete all 4 steps to be entered to win the $50 so make sure you do it all… it only takes seconds.
Enjoy Your Week