So you’re probably thinking to yourself huh? What in the world does that subject line have to do with marketing, my blog or helping you for that matter. I know it seems kinda out there, but if you’ll read the rest of this post you will understand why “I miss my brother” is such a powerful statement that YOU can learn from immediately. What you learn from this statement can help you generate money in more than just one way. I am going to examine “the ways” to generate money from this statement for you, right now:
1. Engage Your Social Connections – Ok so you’re probably still thinking to yourself huh? Here’s the deal I was up late thinking to myself “man I really miss my brother” the other night so I decided to jump on Facebook and just let everyone know what I was thinking. It’s rare for me to do something like that as I typically keep my Facebook posts business related or at least marketing related. The next day I hop on Facebook and BAM! I have over 80 “likes” on that comment already. Typically that wouldn’t be such a big deal, but with all the changes Facebook has made lately my “likes” have been dwindling like crazy. What was so insane to me is that I made a post the day before about “get your free software” and I didn’t even get 50% of the Facebook likes! This taught me something (and it should teach you the same thing) and that is Facebook and social media shouldn’t be used “only” for business IF you truly want to engage your audience. You absolutely MUST let them know who you are, be personal and actually interact with them. So if you want fans or followers that actually listen to what you have to say it’s probably a good idea to interact on a more personal level. Lesson learned.
2. Clearing Your Mind Creates Masterful Ideas – When something is just weighing on your mind it’s hard to be creative. I suppose that is a bit of a “duh” comment to make, but for me it’s something I didn’t fully realize. Not seeing my brother has been weighing on my mind quite heavily of late. I use to see him literally every single day and now we go sometimes 3 weeks without even seeing each other. It was bothering me a lot more than I thought it was apparently. Once I went and spent some time with him, and made a commitment to myself that I will not go weeks without seeing him again, my mind completely cleared. I’ve been able to work all day and stay focused and I actually fell asleep last night pretty easily, which I haven’t done in awhile. Lesson learned.
3. Seeing Your Family Isn’t Optional – I’ve been burning myself out lately. I have always said “make time for family as well as business”, however, I don’t always live by what I teach. That isn’t a good thing (if it’s good enough for me to teach it well it ought to be good enough for me to live by it) but I am a bit hard headed when it comes to getting work done. I have so many goals, so many aspirations and want so much out of life that sometimes I just push everything aside because I am focused like a laser beam. BAD IDEA. I can’t tell you how much better I feel now that I just spent some time with my brother and the rest of my family. I realize (yet again) that they are far more important than my work, but it’s easy to forget that if you never let your mind process what your doing. I’m even taking a week off to visit Washington, Dc with my girlfriend… she loves “politics” and has always wanted to visit DC. I promised her we would go last June…. a year and a half later I am going to fulfill that promise. Yet another Lesson learned.
So you see what you can learn from this statement? I am sure these things are happening in your lives right now so my advice is don’t make the same mistakes I have made here lately. Hopefully this helps you avoid the little rut I had myself in and keeps your mind free and clear so you can really focus on what’s important in your life.
WANT MORE INFO LIKE THIS?…
1. If you are not a member of my newsletter SIGN UP NOW (top right of page)
2. If you are not a member of my Live! Community JOIN NOW (just use the link at the top of the page)
3. Post a comment here TELL ME “DID THIS BLOG POST HELP YOU? DID YOU LEARN FROM IT?” <— YOU MUST DO THIS !!
4. Tweet this post (click button right above) and Like this post on Facebook (again button is right above)
**NOTE – YOU MUST FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO CONTINUE GETTING THIS INFO … you have to complete all steps to continue getting help and training like this so make sure you do it all… it only takes seconds.