So, you want to start a business selling some kind of product. It’s a worthy goal, and you may even know a lot about “blue widgets,” and know that there is a market for them out there. Are you ready for what you’ll need to bring your blue widgets to market?
- The equipment to manufacture blue widgets, OR
- A contract with a manufacturer to build them for you.
- The money to inventory a ready supply for delivery.
- A warehouse to store your inventory.
- Insurance to protect your warehouse and inventory.
- A substantial marketing and advertising budget to tell the world about your blue widgets.
- A packaging and shipping department to get them out the door.
Suddenly it’s not looking so lucrative to make and sell blue widgets is it? Now you know why those who get really rich selling manufactured and fabricated hard products usually had to be a bit rich to begin with. Or, they take on partners with money, or they borrow tons of money. The result is that most end up with only partial ownership because they needed the monetary help of others to get their goods to the marketplace.
What you’ll do instead: It’s a whole new world out there though, and it’s all yours for the taking, IF you take the digital and information products road for your new business. What’s the difference?
- The only thing you manufacture is a PDF or eBook digital file, no boxes, no machines, no sub-contractors.
- No inventory, no warehouse for it, and no insurance or other housing costs.
- You’ll use others to market and advertise it for you.
- Shipping is automatic with a mouse click, and your customer does that for you!
OK, so now you’re getting excited. You can create a digital information type of product that is simply a file on your hard drive and at a website that can be downloaded by a customer once they’ve paid for it. You only create it once, it takes up no space, and it doesn’t require restocking. So, how do you get it marketed by others?
Using affiliate marketing networks, you offer your product to marketers with a commission if they bring you an order. They build pages on websites, posts on blogs, and put entries in social media sites to tell the world about your creation. They send the customers to your page where your product is sold, customers buy, and the network pays the commission, and sends you your profits right into your bank account.
What you’ll need to make it happen: You’ll need a product, and it will need to be a product with demand out there. You’ll need to format the product for delivery. You’ll need to create a marketing page or pages to present and sell it to the prospect. You’ll need to price it right, and set a commission that will make affiliates excited about it. And, you’ll need to set up with the right affiliate networks and attract the best affiliates to make sure that they’ll be aggressively marketing for you.
How you’ll get what you need: This is the easiest part, and it makes all of the rest of it a piece of cake! You simply let us walk you through our Elite Product Creation Course. You’ll get all of the knowledge, tools and resources to successfully sell your new products without overhead, without a big marketing budget, and with others doing most of the work for you.